With my wedding day only 3 months away (eeee…how did that sneak up on me?), it is time for me to narrow down my makeup choices. After consulting my personal makeup artist (aka my lifelong BFF, Jessie Mae), we created a google drive spreadsheet that laid out what I would need. From primer to gloss and every thing in between. Luckily I owned many of our selections, but it was fun walking up to the MAC counter and telling them exactly what I needed.
So, without further ado, here are my makeup selections:
1. Cover | FX Mattifying Primer with Anti-Acne Treatment $38 – This lightweight, mattifying gel-primer minimizes the appearance of fine lines and pores. It also facilitates blending and extends your foundation while preventing and healing acne blemishes, all the while providing an instant mattifying effect, leaving skin texture looking flawless. This clinically tested primer is vegan and free of parabens, fragrance, gluten, mineral oil, and talc.
2. MAC Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage $29 – An ultra-fluid lotion formulated with special-effect silicones. Calms and soothes the skin, blots away excess oil, and evens out skin redness. Improves the laydown and application of foundation or powder.
3. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation $44 – This Sheer Glow Foundation enhances, without masking, your overall natural complexion. The weightless formula hydrates the skin while complexion brightening properties improve skin brightness, radiance, and texture, leaving skin with a luminous, sensual glow.
4. Beauty blender $19.95 – Beautyblender® is the first ergonomically designed non-disposable sponge applicator that allows you to flawlessly apply your makeup. It’s designed to be cleaned with its partner blendercleanser®—making it super eco-friendly. It comes with an instructional pamphlet so you can quickly master your application technique.
5. MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder/Pressed $24 – A silky, colourless finishing powder suitable for all skin tones. Reduces shine while optically minimizing the look of lines & imperfections.
6. Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Deodorant $20 – My new favorite scent and deodorant. Lily of the Valley, Suede Notes, Bergamot, Ylang, Jasmine Maroc, Sandalwood, Orris, Amber, Vanilla, Cedarwood, Patchouli, Musk.
7. Urban Decay Naked Palette 2 $50 – The follow up to the original bestselling Naked palette, this stunning second edition proves that neutral is anything but boring. Showcasing a dozen completely different shades than the first bronze-based collection, it includes a stunning range from pale and deep, to matte and sparkly. You’ll achieve a host of new neutral looks, smoky dramatic eyes, and everything in between. The palette also includes a travel-size Lip Junkie Lipgloss in Naked and a double-ended, cruelty-free Good Karma Shadow/Crease Brush (available only in this palette).
8. Urban Decay Naked Palette $50 – This long, lean, and seductive case comes packed with 12 gorgeous neutrals that work for absolutely everyone. Shades range from delicate champagne to gritty gunmetal, and feature five stunning new shades. A variety of textures, including glitter, shimmer, and matte, ensure that you’ll never get bored. This versatile palette can go from office appropriate to a night on the town. The mirrored case also features a new professional-quality, cruelty-free Good Karma Eyeshadow Brush, plus a travel-size Eyeshadow Primer Potion in original formula.
9. MAC 266 Small Angle Brush $20 – For creating sharp, precise lines. This brush has fibres which are carefully arranged to form a perfect angle. M·A·C professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. They feature wood handles and nickel-plated brass ferrules.
10. MAC Fluidline Backtrack $16 – Ultra-smooth, Fluidline’s gel formula provides the precision of a liquid liner with a silkier, softer finish. Goes on “foolproof” with a brush in an easy dip-and-stroke action. Long-wearing. Smudge-proof. Lines up in a rich array of colours and finishes.
11. NARS Blush in Orgasm $29 – NARS Blush offers a range of translucent, natural shades, each with a subtle pink for natural blush undertone, created to highlight the complexion.
12. Smashbox Contour Palette – no longer sold – Wishing for more defined cheekbones? Perhaps a more sculpted jawline? Cheat genetics by using our new 3-in-1 kit to add dimension to the face with shades to contour, bronze and highlight. An easy-to-follow guide demystifies how to add depth, blend in warmth and create that resplendent glow.
13. Sephora Pro Angled Brush 49 $32 – An angled blush brush that applies powder beautifully and makes contouring and highlighting effortless.
14. MAC Pro Longwear Lustre Lipcolour – Lishious $23- A two-step application of lightweight colour + mirror-finished top coat. Apply the colour. Let it dry. Apply the top coat! Provides sheer to medium coverage
15. NARS Lip Gloss- Wonder $25 – MY NEW FAVORITE COLOR. Unrelated, but if you’re a fan of OPI Cajun Shrimp, then you will also love this color. (That was a random jump between lip gloss and nail polish. Sorry ;))
16. Anastasia Beverly Hills Beauty Express for Brows and Eyes $39.50 – This kit includes everything you need for perfectly groomed brows on the go. The portable palette contains Brow Powder Duo, Brow Wax, stencils, and an Angled Brow Brush with a mirror and instructions all in one convenient place.
17. MAC Lip Pencil Subculture $15 – A pencil designed for shaping, lining or filling in the lip. Lip Pencils have a smooth, creamy texture that is perfect for lining the lips or filling them in.
Not numbered and hard to see in the photo is:
Buxom Lash $19 – This vitamin-enriched formula deepens, darkens, and thickens from root to tip. The curvy hourglass-shaped brush holds the ideal amount of mascara to ensure every lash is coated evenly with our silky, clump-free formula.
I’m likely missing something, but that’s what Jessie will be for at the wedding. 🙂
I’m curious…what are some of your favorite products that you use or would recommend for a wedding day?