After watching many other bloggers on their vlogs, and watching my friend Dano record his accent vlog while running a half marathon (!!!), I just had to jump on the bandwagon to document my Northern Wisconsin accent.
I should preface all of this with…in my mind, I don’t think I have an accent at all, and all of y’all down South just sound silly. I kid, I kid. 🙂
Seeing as I work from home and mainly interact with my colleagues over the phone or at national meetings, we quickly learn voices and accents, and tease each other from time to time. My Southern colleagues love to make me say “ooooh nooooo” over and over again. They say it’s cute. I look at them strange.
If you want to document your own accent, here are the directions for your vlog:
Read the following words: Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught
Answer these questions:
- What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
- What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
- What do you call gym shoes?
- What do you say to address a group of people?
- What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
- What do you call your grandparents?
- What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
- What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
- What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
And here is my first vlog showing off my pronunciation/accent skills:
So…what do you think? Do I have an accent or sound completely normal? If you’ve done an accent vlog, please leave a link to it in the comments!